Have an unexpected dental issue? We know how to help you!
We'll fit you into our schedule and get the problem solved right away.
We always have a clinician on call. For all dental emergencies please call us at 508-717-3780 and press 3.
PERFECT SMILES IS JUST THE BEST!
I chipped my front tooth on a cough drop around lunchtime. Perfect Smiles fit me in with the lovely Dr. Miranda at 4! Not only did they accomodate me so quickly, the whole experience was relaxingand Dr. Miranda is an artist! Thank you so much.
IN THE MEANTIME...
Here are some suggestions for common dental emergencies:
The best way to reduce inflammation is with three Advil (600 mg total), three times a day, for three days. If you are unable to to take Advil, there are several natural methods you can use to reduce the pain:
- SALT RINSE: Pour a glass of warm to hot water and slowly stir in salt until you see the salt crystals at the bottom that are no longer dissolving. Rinse with this solution 4-5 times daily to reduce inflammation.
- CLOVE OIL: Apply a very small amount to a cotton swab or piece of tissue and apply gently to the affected area.
- GRAB A PILLOW: Keep your head elevated at all times. For sleep, stay elevated by stacking several pillows. When you drop your head to the level of your heart, laying down, blood supply flow to your head increases, making swelling and the pain worse.
- KEEP THE AREA COLD: Frozen peas or a plastic Ziploc bag with half water and half ice works great as well.
EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND ACCOMODATING
I had an emergency today and panicked. I called the office in Westport and was given an appointment within hours. Everyone was so nice and supportive. I am grateful for their attention and quality of service.
If you knock out a tooth, here are some steps that might help ensure that Perfect Smiles can save your smile:
- Don't touch the root of the tooth.
- Rinse it off with milk if dirty.
- Keep it moist by dropping it into a glass of milk.
- Come in to our office as quickly as possible.
For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down. Come in to our office as quickly as possible.
I've gone to Southcoast Smiles for about 6 years now and I've never had a bad experience. They always take care of my needs and are flexible with scheduling. Their staff is always courteous and attentive. Just recently I had a chipped tooth that I needed repaired and they got me in within a day and were able to fix it in under an hour. Great office and I wouldn't go anywhere else as long as I live in the area.
I had to come in because of a broken tooth. The office quickly got me in for an appointment so that I could take care of the tooth. Dr. Patel and her team were wonderful, always concerned with my comfort and care. I am so glad we found Southcoast Smiles.
All of my encounters at Perfect Smiles have been very positive. Today I was particularly impressed that I was given an appointment on the same day I called and seen promptly at that time. Personnel are always kind and cheerful and make an “unpleasant” experience much easier to deal with. Thanks again, I will keep referring my friends and family!
Was totally satisfied, they made sure that the emergency was taken care of right away and made sure that I wouldn't feel a thing. During the procedure I was asked numerous of times how I was doing. Would totally recommend them. Very satisfied on the whole experience.
Questions? We're here to help!
Schedule Your Most Compassionate Dental Appointment Ever!