Have an unexpected dental issue? We know how to help you!
We'll fit you into our schedule and get the problem solved right away.
We always have a clinician on call. For all dental emergencies please call us at 508-717-3780 and press 3.
PERFECT SMILES IS JUST THE BEST!
I chipped my front tooth on a cough drop around lunchtime. Perfect Smiles fit me in with the lovely Dr. Miranda at 4! Not only did they accomodate me so quickly, the whole experience was relaxingand Dr. Miranda is an artist! Thank you so much.
IN THE MEANTIME...
Here are some suggestions for common dental emergencies:
The best way to reduce inflammation is with three Advil (600 mg total), three times a day, for three days. If you are unable to to take Advil, there are several natural methods you can use to reduce the pain:
- SALT RINSE: Pour a glass of warm to hot water and slowly stir in salt until you see the salt crystals at the bottom that are no longer dissolving. Rinse with this solution 4-5 times daily to reduce inflammation.
- CLOVE OIL: Apply a very small amount to a cotton swab or piece of tissue and apply gently to the affected area.
- GRAB A PILLOW: Keep your head elevated at all times. For sleep, stay elevated by stacking several pillows. When you drop your head to the level of your heart, laying down, blood supply flow to your head increases, making swelling and the pain worse.
- KEEP THE AREA COLD: Frozen peas or a plastic Ziploc bag with half water and half ice works great as well.
EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND ACCOMODATING
I had an emergency today and panicked. I called the office in Westport and was given an appointment within hours. Everyone was so nice and supportive. I am grateful for their attention and quality of service.
If you knock out a tooth, here are some steps that might help ensure that Perfect Smiles can save your smile:
- Don't touch the root of the tooth.
- Rinse it off with milk if dirty.
- Keep it moist by dropping it into a glass of milk.
- Come in to our office as quickly as possible.
For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down. Come in to our office as quickly as possible.
One of my veneers popped off. I needed a quick fix. I was able to get an immediate appointment. The people are great from the receptionist you first meet to the technicians and doctors who treat you. I had a very positive experience.
Questions? We're here to help!
Schedule Your Most Compassionate Dental Appointment Ever!